My Name Is Mary Charleson.
For over 20 years I’ve proudly travelled with just one bag. A Carry-On.
Mary Charleson is a freelance travel writer and blogger based in North Vancouver, Canada.
A marketing speaker, author and consultant by trade, but an adventure traveler and writer by passion, she pursues her love of story and travel tips in publications such as the Globe and Mail, Huffington Post, the Vancouver Sun and the Province, in addition to her travel blog CarryOnQueen.com
She has published numerous lifestyle pieces in national publications including Zoomer Magazine, Cottage Life, Outside Magazine and Pacific Yachting.
Mary is the author of two books, Word of Mouth Mouse & Mobile and Five-Minute Marketing, each featuring tips for the time-starved business leader. As a writer and marketer, she has been blogging weekly since 2008 at fiveminutemarketing.com. She brings the same passion and experience in building an online community to her travel blog CarryOnQueen.com, a destination for readers, writers and travel companies united in adventure travel.
Mary is also a member of the Canadian Association of Professional Speakers and the Global Speakers Federation and is one of fewer than 12% of speakers globally who hold the designation of CSP (Certified Speaking Professional), the international measure of excellence for professional competence and proven experience. A contributor to Business in Vancouver since 2002 and a monthly marketing columnist for the Huffington Post, her work has also been published in the Globe & Mail, the Toronto Star, the Vancouver Sun, the Province, Marketing Magazine, Strategy and the Daily Hive. Mary has been a repeat guest on CBC TV news and CBC radio The 180 with Jim Brown, offering her opinions on marketing, social media and business trends.
Check out a couple of her recent travel pieces here:
- Travel Awaits, February 26, 2021: 6 Amazing Experiences While Chartering a Boat in Desolation Sound, Canada
- Vancouver Sun, Jan 30, 2021: Celebrate the memories of what was, and what we hope to have again
- The Province, Jan 26, 2021: Travel Resolutions for a Post-Pandemic World
- Vancouver Sun, February 20, 2020: The Ultimate Canadian Ice Skating Experience on Canada’s Lake Louise
- The Province, February 23, 2020: A Frosty Fantasy on Lake Louise
- Travel Awaits, January 31, 2020: How to Have the Ultimate Ice Skating Experience on Canada’s Lake Louise
- Travel Awaits, December 2, 2019: Planning a Girl’s Trip to Machu Picchu: What to Know Before You Go
- Vancouver Sun, February 2, 2019: Seeing the Grand Canyon via Route 66
- The Province, January 13, 2018: Prepping for Peru
- Vancouver Sun, January 22, 2018: The road less traveled to Machu Pichu
- Huffington Post, Oct 25, 2017: What I Learned While Trekking At 15,170 Feet In Peru
- Vancouver Sun, March 16, 2017: Traveling with your teen: Memories to last a lifetime
- Globe & Mail, July 28, 2016: Tell Your Kids to Write Letters Home From Their Travels